So here are some of the terms for you to read, if there is anything you don't understand, would like us to consider or change please contact us at your convenience.
Using our Website
The term ‘Student Motorsport’ or ‘Us’ or ‘We’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: (To be announced...)
Any change of our registered office will be notified accordingly and also displayed on this page.
Terms & Conditions
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Student Motorsport, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 9 years old of those who are at least at school participating in an engineering or motorsport related project or initiative.
You & Your Student Motorsport Account
- The content of the pages of this website is for your benefit, general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice, however we will keep you informed of changes as is deemed necessary.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- All intellectual rights in content uploaded by user is reserved by the user or their licensors; provided, however, you grant the site a perpetual license and all rights necessary to offer the site and services to you and other users.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
You must not:
- Impersonate or try to impersonate another person.
- Disclose your account password to anyone else.
- Allow anyone else to use your account.
- Use anyone else's account.
- Use our Online Community in any manner or for any purpose which constitutes or facilitates Unauthorised Use, and you will indemnify Student Motorsport for any losses they sustain as a result.
Student Motorsport reserves the right to remove or edit any material that it considers, in its sole discretion, constitutes Unauthorised Use. For the purposes of these Terms, 'Unauthorised Use' means use of this Online Community that:
- Is unlawful, false, misleading, a breach of confidentiality or privacy, infringes any intellectual property rights or in any manner violates the rights of Potentiality or any other person.
- Is inappropriate, offensive, obscene, defamatory, malicious, discriminatory, harasses or is likely to cause distress or inconvenience to any person.
- Is technically harmful to the Online Community or attempts to circumvent security measures.
- Otherwise breaches these Terms set throughout this page.
Unauthorised Account Use
As with any Membership system, it is possible for one of our Student Motorsport visitors to signup, and then possibly share their Username and password access credentials with someone else; or even post it online for the whole world to see. This is well known as 'Link Sharing' (or Username Sharing). It is not likely that we will see this on our website but we have to prevent against it and being attacked in this way. Measures and IP Restrictions have been put in place to protect Us and our valuable members such that a single Username, Access Link, and/or Entry Point is only valid for a certain number of unique IP addresses. Once that limit is reached, our system assumes there has been a security breach and will create a temporary ban; preventing access for 1 hour (subject to change). This temporary ban will only affect the offending Link and/or Username associated with the security breach.
Student Membership Obligations
Student Motorsport, as a 'user' just as the members of our website also has to adhere to the rules, regulations and obligations of this community. The content of the pages of this website is for your benefit, general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice, however we will keep you informed of changes as is deemed necessary. More information on student membership and obligations can be found here.
Graduate Membership Obligations
The content of the pages of this website is for your benefit, general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice, however we will keep you informed of changes as is deemed necessary. More information on graduate membership and obligations can be found here.
Educator/Institution Membership Obligations
The content of the pages of this website is for your benefit, general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice, however we will keep you informed of changes as is deemed necessary. More information on educator/institution membership and obligations can be found here.
Professional Membership Obligations
The content of the pages of this website is for your benefit, general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice, however we will keep you informed of changes as is deemed necessary. More information on professional membership and obligations can be found here.
Payment and Renewal
User membership and optional paid services or upgrades may be available on the website. When utilising an optional paid service or upgrade, you agree to pay Student Motorsport the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (whichever applicable). Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you begin utilising the service or upgrade and will cover the use of that service or upgrade for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. We regret that these fees are not refundable.
Unless you notify Student Motorsport at least 14 days before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a service or upgrade, your subscription will automatically renewed and you authorise us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee (as well as any applicable taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you.
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time by contacting Student Motorsport via the 'Contact Us' page where we will proceed to withdraw your account and profile content. We ask that in this instance you please state your reasons for wishing to terminate your account, this is so that we may remedy any negative situations, or reasons for termination and make the necessary improvements to our service accordingly.
Termination of Access
Student Motorsport may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Student Motorsport account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Careers/Work Experience Packages & Consultancy
- Changes: Unless you notify Student Motorsport a minimum 21 days before the start date of your careers/work experience that you want to change your subscription it is unlikely that we will not be able to make the necessary changes in time. In this instance payment(s) for our service cannot be refunded. (unless we have been able to ‘fill’ the position you were taking and/or in extenuating circumstances which we are more than happy to discuss with you and make alternative arrangements for) If and when we receive such unexpected cancellations from you, in most cases we are unlikely to re-secure a placement due to the time constraints and nature of the industry.
- Feedback: If in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your work experience, you can contact us to advise your intentions to withdraw your booking or provide us with some feedback. We do however hope that this will not be necessary and that you fully enjoy and take advantage of this fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in this experience and our community.
- Payment: By booking with us you authorise us to collect the subscription fee/payment (as well as any applicable taxes/charges) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. (All payment information is protected by our website servers host and payment system hosts we use for example PayPal)
- Refunds: Applicable refunds will be made to you within 14 days of request via the same means of payment you made to us, unless you specify otherwise. They will also be made per invoice to you rather than one ‘lump sum’ in the case of multiple bookings. Refunds will also be minus any booking fees or charges made to us via our payment gateways for example PayPal.
- Work Experience Duration: We take every effort to ensure you are provided with the stated duration of hours or days during your work experience. When undertaking work experience, on occasion ‘hours or days’ can be affected or may fall short or fluctuate slightly due to 'unforeseen circumstances' such as a racing incident, (if working at a race event) or a differing situation which may arise at a motorsport facility or organisation. It is not unreasonable to expect ‘hours’ stated days to vary in motorsport, particularly if your experience booked is for attendance at a race or test type event. Duration(s) of work experience is/are estimated and often expected to fluctuate between 10-20% during any said event, or event be affected by the number of days. Time spent at a motorsport facility or organisation may also be stipulated as days rather than hours and are far easier to forecast. This is almost always out of our control, that said we will do everything we can to ensure you are supported and that your outstanding hours/days are substituted within reason and where possible.
- Travel, Accommodation & Your Expenses: Your expenses, leading up to and throughout the duration of your careers package and work experience with us will not be covered by Student Motorsport or the organisation you are working with unless you have been notified otherwise. Unless you are being covered by us or the organisation for expenses throughout the arrangement and duration of your careers package these costs will not be recoverable or refunded to you in the case of changes or cancellation(s) or of your package by you or the organisation you are working with unless stated otherwise.
- Cancellation: Subscriptions/bookings to our service can be cancelled at any time by contacting Student Motorsport via the 'Contact Us' page. We will also offer/discuss alternative arrangements or proceed to refund your work experience (in the event you have chosen to cancel outside of the 21-day grace period). We kindly ask that in this instance you please state your reasons for wishing to change or cancel your order, this is so that we may remedy any negative situations, or reasons for termination and make the necessary improvements to our service accordingly. Cancellations outside the 21-day period will again incur a 100% booking fee loss to cover our costs.
Content & Responsibilities
Our Resource Contributors
If you are selected or offered to contribute as an official Student Motorsport Contributor, or choose to post material to the Website in other areas such as in the Community Activity, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- The downloading, copying and use of the content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party.
- If your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the content.
- You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the content and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms.
- The content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content.
- The content is not spam, is not machine or randomly generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing).
- The content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods.
- Your content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company; and
- You have, in the case of content that includes computer code, accurately categorised and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Student Motorsport or otherwise.
User Content License
User contributions are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Student Motorsport has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Student Motorsport’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Student Motorsport’s reasonable opinion, violates any Student Motorsport policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Student Motorsport’s sole discretion. Student Motorsport will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
Responsibility of Website Visitors Content
Student Motorsport has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects but reasonable attempts will be made to do so. By operating the Website, Student Motorsport does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Close monitoring of the content will take place to avoid this, but the Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Student Motorsport disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
Content Posted on Other Websites
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and web pages to which Student Motorsport links, and that link to Student Motorsport. Student Motorsport has little or does not have any control over those non-Student Motorsport websites and web pages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non- Student Motorsport website or web page, Student Motorsport does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or web page. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Student Motorsport disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non- Student Motorsport websites and web pages.
Copyright & Notices
Infringement & Notice
The content of the pages of this website is for your benefit, general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice, however we will keep you informed of changes as is deemed necessary.
As Student Motorsport asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Student Motorsport violates your copyright, and if this website resides in the UK, you are encouraged to notify Student accordingly. Student Motorsport will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Student Motorsport will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Student Motorsport or others. In the case of such termination, Student Motorsport will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Student Motorsport.
This Agreement does not transfer from Student Motorsport to you any Student Motorsport or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Student Motorsport. Student Motorsport, the Student Motorsport logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Student Motorsport, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Student Motorsport or Student Motorsport’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Student Motorsport or third-party trademarks.
Student Motorsport reserves the right to link to and display advertisements on your content.
Changes & Disclaimers
Our Website & Memberships
Student Motorsport reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Student Motorsport may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website is provided "as is". Student Motorsport and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Student Motorsport nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that service will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
Liability & Responsibility
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Student Motorsport, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Student Motorsport under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Student Motorsport shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
General Representation and Warranty
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Student Motorsport, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including solicitor's’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
Hosting, Support Services
Optional Hosting, Support and/or Affiliated services may be provided by Student Motorsport under the terms and conditions for each such service. By signing up for a Hosting/Support and/or Affiliated services account, you agree to abide by such terms and conditions.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Student Motorsport and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Student Motorsport, or by the posting by Student Motorsport of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of England and Wales, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in London. England. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules.
The arbitration shall take place in the United Kingdom, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and solicitor’s fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Student Motorsport may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important area...
JP, Founder of Student Motorsport
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated February 2nd 2019.
Student Motorsport © 2019. All Rights Reserved.